Our Mizuba matcha granola bars are SO fantastic for a healthy grab and go snack!
Bonus - they're super easy to make double (or triple!) batches of for when you need a stand-out dish to bring to a soirée or gathering! These bars are also friendly for gluten-free diets.
We made these special bars for a Galentines Day Gathering with our bffs at Wild Friends Foods. They were a hit!
PS - we have a how-to video at the bottom to help visualize the process :)
2 cups GF oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tsp salt
sprinkling of organic ground golden flax seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut flakes
handful chocolate chips, for good measure. (we also like cocoa nibs or goji berries)
1 Tablespoon culinary organic mizuba matcha
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup tahini
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
~ pre-heat oven to 325ºF ~
1) Mix all dry ingredients in a big bowl until well incorporated.
2) Gently heat all wet ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until combined.
3) Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
4) Mix until well incorporated!
5) Line your 8x8 pans with parchment paper and spray generously with coconut oil or oil of choice
6) Evenly spread your granola mixture into pans and press firmly.
7) Bake granola for about 12-15 minutes
8) Remove from oven when edges are golden brown. Let cool. When bars are cooled place bars in the fridge to set for about 2 hours.
9) After the bars have set, feel free to cut them into squares!
10) Store in an air-tight container, or keep in the freezer if you made a double batch!
Comments will be approved before showing up.